Bokeh

Bokeh comes from the Japanese word "boke" which means blur or haze. The English spelling bokeh become popular during the 1997 in Photo techniques magazine.

It is the visual quality of the out of focus are of a photograph. If you want to emphasize your subject in your photos, you will be doing a lot of bokeh. You can accomplished it by having a lower aperture or a narrow depth of field.

This technique is usually use in portrait, macro, or just to blur beautiful lights. Always remember that a higher aperture is equal to a wider depth of field and lower aperture is equal to a narrow depth of field.

Here are some of my shots,

This is taken by a Nikon digital camera which I cannot remember what model and according to my archives this is my very first bokeh snap.

Until I got my very first Pentax an RZ18 which is a compact camera. This is my very first bokeh food snap with my mom as the background.

and here is my first flower bokeh snap.

and a fruit? I'm not sure if it is a fruit but it looks like one to me. Let me know if you know what it is called.

and my first bokeh foreground.

But as time goes by I finally got my very first DSLR which is also a Pentax and learn that I could have better bokeh experience. 😝

The reason that I got a DSLR is I told my Papa that I really need it in my Photography class and viola I have a Pentax K30. I'm so happy because my first dslr is weather sealed.

I really love watching National Geographic and Discover channel so I was really hyped about having my K30. But it didn't matter that much because having a task to take wildlife photos which the possible place is a Zoo and all the animals are inside a cage is isn't much of what I have in mind.


Until I discovered bokeh lights! 😍 The Mall of Asia's Eye ferris wheel is my first accidental out of focus snap.

 and here is a chandelier in one of the birthdays I've attended.

It become my new favorite thing to snap where ever I go. It really does beguile my eyes, seeing those blurry lights that I only know the story behind.

I snap this one at the Art fair Philippines 2016 at the Ayala Link carpark.

This one is at the Earth hour 2016 countdown in Ayala triangle.

My latest bokeh escapade is at the MRT guadalupe station bridge facing north.

One thing I love about late night walks is I'm able to cross my eyes to see those high quality BOKEH.

You should try it and don't forget to let me know if you liked the experience 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Microneedling using Derma Roller

The Sierra Madre Mountain Resort-Hotel and Conference Center

Kids on Killing